Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chapter 12

1. Learning objective 1:
Identify knowledge inputs that are useful in designing lessons that integrate technology.
1)Knowledge of content: A teacher needs to be familiar with the content that they are expected to teach. Teachers need to extend their knowledge of topics so that they can get in depth with their students and give them knowledge beyond basic facts.
2)Knowledge of technology:Teachers need to know the appropriate technology that they can use to learn and teach the content. They need to understand what technologies work best. They need to be creative in integrating technology into curriculums when appropriate.
3)Knowledge of Teaching and Learning: This can be learned through experience and teacher preparation programs. The more experiences and viewpoints a teacher has the better they will be able to transfer their content knowledge to students. Good teachers are organized, prepared, use a variety of teaching strategies, and teach with enthusiasm.

2. Question
We talked about this in class a little bit. It seems to me that the constant need to integrate technology could detract from some basic lessons. Should we look at every lesson plan with the idea of incorporating technology? Some of the most interactive and memorable experiences for me in school is when we were outside doing hands on learning, far away from computer labs and technology.

3. In my teaching...
I feel that a new teacher could easily be overwhelmed at the prospect of designing new lesson plans. It is useful to see the goals of an effective lesson plan laid out. It helps a teacher, and us as students mentally prepare. As I read this chapter I was thinking of ways to integrate these topics and strategies into my lesson plan that I am creating. My first step will be making sure that I know the content knowledge front to back so that I can present it in different and exciting ways to my hypothetical students.

No comments:

Post a Comment